European most elite competition is upon us again as the UEFA Champions league returns. This year’s competition welcome back the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United while England most consistent Champions league representative, Arsenal misses out for the first time in 20 years.
This year promises to be lit as defending champions for 2 years Real Madrid features in what is presumed as the group of death while Bayern Munich and European money bag PSG trash things out.
Here are 9 things that will definitely unfold in this year’s competition:
- In Group A, Manchester United will sail through by winning all but one of their games. Benfica and Basel will battle it out for second place.
- In Group B, this is where the real action starts. Paris Saint- Germain will have too much fire power for Bayern, Anderlecht and Celtic. This is where we get to see the new strike force MCN( Mbappe Cavani Neymar) at work also coupled with the likes of Di Maria , Draxler, Verratti and co in support. I’ll be really shocked if this team doesn’t get to the semis at least. Oh, before I forget, Bayern should also qualify too
- In Group C, This is the second hardest group in this year’s champion league ( after Tottenham’s group). This group is a little difficult to read or predict. We are sure that everybody will beat new boys Qurabag .It will be a straight out battle for the other 3 places. For Chelsea, the away games in Rome and Spain will be hugely important in what position they finish. But Chelsea will top the group followed by Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid.
- In Group D, It’s a straight out battle between last season’s semi finalists. Underrate Barcelona at your own peril. Barcelona will beat Juventus in one of the two games, most likely at the Camp Nou. But we all know the two teams that will qualify.
- In Group E, This group is also straight forward. Liverpool will top the group with ease.
- In Group F, another straight forward group. The winners will be Napoli and Manchester City with City topping the group effortlessly.
- In Group G, This is also another tough group to read. Monaco look considerably weaker than last season. They have sold several of their main players. Players like Bernado Silva, Benjamin Mendy, Teimoune Bakayoko, Kylian Mbappe and even Valarie Germain have been sold for huge fees and haven’t been adequately replaced. It is showing in their domestic league where they were beaten by a Balotelli inspired Nice 4-0. I still expect them to qualify along with RB Leipzig but just barely.
- In Group H, the group of death. TOTTENHAM WILL BEAT MADRID TO TOP SPOT. YES I SAID IT. Mark my words. Madrid will qualify in second place and go on to win the Champions League Again.
- Then Madrid will buy Harry Kane next summer for about £300m.
By Oguntola Ibukun