Skip to content
Transfer News As Of 31-03-2020
Philippe Coutinho’s desire return to Liverpool looks off, while Jack Grealish’s dream move to Old Trafford is in doubt. Paper Talk has all of Tuesday’s football gossip.
- The Premier League is working on an ambitious plan to restart the season behind closed doors on the first weekend of May with a scheduled finish date of Sunday, July 12.
- Premier League clubs are reconsidering plans to replace their pitches this summer, which could result in poor surfaces next season.
- Shamed Jack Grealish’s £70m Manchester United transfer could be off after he defied the government’s strict lockdown orders.
- Willian says he would prefer to stay in the Premier League if he ends up quitting Chelsea.
- Talks between Premier League officials took place to try and get the league trophy in the hands of Liverpool before the season was suspended amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Liverpool have made it definitively clear there is zero interest in bringing Philippe Coutinho back to Anfield.
- Inter Milan are poised to reject the chance to extend Manchester United forward Alexis Sánchez’s loan deal at the San Siro following his injury-hit season in Italy.
- Everton are confident of beating Arsenal and Chelsea to Lille’s Brazilian centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes when the transfer window opens.
- The Rugby Football Union is facing the prospect of a further major financial blow because of the impact of the coronavirus outbreak after Rugby Australia warned it may be forced to cancel the Wallabies’ tour of Europe in November.
- Burnley manager Sean Dyche has given his tentative backing to the prospect of the remaining 92 Premier League games being played behind closed doors during a televised “World Cup style” event this summer.
- Rangers could be told to play their Europa League return with Bayer Leverkusen in autumn, six months after the first leg.
- Leicester midfielder James Maddison could be back on top of Manchester United’s list of transfer targets after Jack Grealish’s ‘incident’, according to reports.
- Chelsea should not attempt to replace goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga this summer and must give him time to improve, says former Blues stopper Mark Bosnich.
- President of the Italian Footballers’ Association Damiano Tommasi fears the Serie A season could be cancelled due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
- Newcastle United have reportedly identified Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard as their ‘top target’ for the upcoming transfer window.
- Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has taken the decision to place the majority of his workforce on furlough leave ‘to safeguard the club’s future’.
- Two of Sheffield Wednesday’s Sky Bet Championship rivals are circling to sign rejuvenated left-back Morgan Fox as his contract nears an end, according to reports.
You may also like...