Skip to content
Transfer News As Of 14-04-2020
Zinedine Zidane is determined to drive through a move for Sadio Mane this summer and Liverpool are looking at the possibility of replacing him with Kylian Mbappe.
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba has offered his hospital as a coronavirus treatment centre with Ivory Coast fearing a rise in cases.
- Jose Mourinho accepts he may not have any money to spend on new players at Tottenham this summer.
- Premier League players will be blocked from switching clubs before the delayed end of the season – even if they are out of contract.
- Premier League clubs are facing combined losses of up to £177m in season ticket and corporate hospitality sales due to the coronavirus crisis.
- Premier League stars have a pact to keep each other in the loop over wage-cut talks with their clubs by using a WhatsApp group.
- Premier League players have been instructed to scale back their schedules ahead of a return to full training by the end of May.
- Premier League clubs hope the introduction of Brexit regulations on signing overseas youngsters will be delayed until next summer due to football’s suspension.
- Bernardo Silva has revealed it was Cristiano Ronaldo’s idea for the Portugal squad to donate 50 per cent of their qualification bonus for Euro 2020 to help during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Liverpool have no intention of loaning out Curtis Jones next season.
- Serie A matches could be played behind closed doors until next year in plans which will be studied by the Premier League.
- Chelsea and Tottenham are tracking Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana but face competition from Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona.
- The Football League is aiming to resume the season on June 6 – and the Premier League could follow suit.
- Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo will have to take a £200,000-a-week pay cut if he wants to turn his loan move to Manchester United from Shanghai Shenhua into a permanent switch. He is on £300,000-a-week at Chinese Super League side.
- Real Madrid have weighed into the battle with Manchester United to sign England and Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho
- English football is facing calls for an independent regulator and a unified licensing system to overhaul structural failings that have been “exposed” by the coronavirus lockdown.
- Arsenal’s senior players have rejected the terms of a 12.5 per cent pay cut over 12 months in response to the coronavirus crisis, despite the club throwing in some fresh incentives on new contracts in a bid to get them to agree.
- Tottenham reversed their decision to apply for the government’s furlough scheme after members of Jose Mourinho’s first-team squad were unhappy with the club’s controversial move.
- SPFL bosses will press John Nelms for his vital vote on Tuesday – but the Dundee chief will demand cash help for clubs who lose out if the season ends now.
- Stoke City could switch their attention from Sam Cosgrove to Livingston’s Lyndon Dykes.
- Celtic are set to appoint Gary Penrice as their new chief scout.
- Dundee are on the brink of releasing Scottish football from coronavirus deadlock by finally giving their backing to the SPFL’s controversial survival plan.
- Inverness chairman Ross Morrison has accused the SPFL of holding a gun to clubs’ heads as he slammed the proposal to finish the season early.
You may also like...