Orile Agege area of Lagos was rocked by an explosion that left 2 injured and destroyed properties worth several millions of naira.
Vanguard reports that residents of the area said the explosion which jolted a lot from sleep was caused when a high tension wire landed on the roof of a house which had a cooking gas in it.
Victims of the incident appealed to the government to come to their aid after the incident destroyed their properties and goods rendering some homeless and others in debt. A victim identified as Saidu Mohammed said:
I could not salvage anything from the fire. The most painful aspect is that the money I was supposed to pay into the bank yesterday (Monday), on behalf of my company, got burnt.
I could not pay because the bank had closed. My intention was to pay it in today(yesterday), only for the unthinkable to happen.