Skip to content
Deadline Day Missed Deals – Upcoming Summer Deals?
Tottenham held talks with Real Madrid over the possibility of re-signing Gareth Bale but there was pessimism over their chances primarily due to Bale’s mammoth £600,000-per-week wages.
- Hull agreed a deal worth £1.5m for Motherwell forward James Scott, who the Tigers are eyeing as Jarrod Bowen’s replacement after their £750,000 bid was rejected on Thursday.
- Southampton and England striker Danny Ings was the subject of an approach by Manchester United in January.
- Stoke failed in a late deadline day move for West Brom winger Chris Brunt.
- Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic rejected offers to leave the club and an instead us willing to extend his contract at United.
- Celtic ruled out a move for Tottenham’s Victor Wanyama due to the midfielder’s excessive wage demands.
- Tottenham failed in a surprise late bid to sign Guangzhou R&F attacker Eran Zahavi, the top scorer in the Chinese Super League, in a desperate attempt to solve their striker crisis.
- West Brom full-back Nathan Ferguson saw his deadline day move to Crystal Palace delayed after his medical, with the clubs still in talks to revive a deal that could end up being finalised in the summer.
- Troy Parrott missed out on a late deadline day loan move away from Tottenham because of Uefa regulations surrounding club-trained players.
- Crystal Palace missed out on two deadline day moves. Forward Jarrod Bowen joined West Ham from Hull while Nathan Ferguson remained at West Brom.
- Manchester United failed to sign Birmingham City young midfielder Jude Bellingham.
- Jadon Sancho has been warned that there are limits over what Borussia Dortmund will deem to be acceptable conduct, amid growing links with a move to the Premier League.
- Everton struggled to offload Oumar Niasse to another club at the end of the January transfer window.
- Barcelona centre-back Samuel Umtiti rejected a move to Arsenal despite a direct request from Gunners boss Mikel Arteta.
You may also like...