Family and Friends Die Mysteriously On First Night In New House
People in Sagamu area of Ogun State were left in a complete state of shock on Wednesday night as a family of five and their friends reportedly died mysteriously the very first night they moved inside their new house along Aiyepe Road.
It was gathered that the family had just moved from their rented apartment into the property belonging to them and were said to have died the very first night inside the house.
A family friend who spent the night with them also lost his life.
On Thursday, sources said that there was a possibility that the house might have been fumigated with “killer chemical.”
One of the sympathizers, who accompanied the bodies to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu, said the owner of the house, a borehole driller, just spent a night inside the new house.
The sympathiser, who identified himself as Tony, said they noticed a foul odour, on Thursday morning, which attracted them to the building.
He said they (neighbours) raised the alarm over the development, which attracted the attention of the Police.
Their remains were evacuated and taken to the morgue of the hospital.
Hundreds of sympathisers besieged the Accident and Emergency Unit of the hospital, wailing over the ugly incident.
The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, vowing that the Police would get to the root of the matter.
Oyeyemi, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, said investigation into the matter had commenced to unravel the mystery behind the incident.