All The Latest Football News And Transfer Gossip This Evening (23/05/2018)
- Manchester United are close to making Brazil international Fred their first summer signing.
- Eric Bailly has no intention of leaving Manchester United in the summer transfer window.
- West Ham could make an enquiry as to the loan availability of Manchester City’s highly-rated 17-year-old Phil Foden.
- City would have to pay £60m for Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Michael Ballack could be in line for a surprise return to Chelsea as their new director of football.
- West Ham will not be signing Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure this summer.
- Slavisa Jokanovic will look for assurances that Fulham will match his ambition when he sits down with the club’s hierarchy after Saturday’s Play-off Final at Wembley.
- Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has sensationally claimed that Nabil Fekir wants to remain at Lyon after the French club secured qualification for next season’s Champions League.
- Christian Pulisic has refused to comment on rumours of a move to Liverpool this summer.
- Roma winger Cengiz Under believes Liverpool should not be in the Champions League final – and are only there because of poor officiating.
- Portuguese outlet Fanatik report today that Benfica’s Anderson Talisca – who impressed on loan at Besiktas last season – will join either Liverpool, Arsenal, Wolves or Tottenham this summer.
- According to Calciomercato in Italy, Newcastle United have made an enquiry to Juventus over midfielder Stefano Sturaro.
- Newcastle United are hoping to slice a huge chunk from their wage budget this summer by moving on some big earners.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Cameron John is reportedly on the radar of three clubs as he approaches the final year of his contract.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- Jordan Graham and Sylvain Deslandes will remain at Wolves after the club triggered options to extend their contracts.
- Wolves have finalised a deal to sign Willy Boly for around £10m, the Express & Star understands.
- Darren Moore beat nearly 50 applicants to the Albion job after significantly impressing the club’s Chinese owners with his loyalty and love for the Baggies.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Mauricio Pellegrino could be set for a return to football management for the first time since getting sacked by Saints. Spanish outfit Leganes have supposedly been in discussions with the 46-year-old boss.
- Leicester City want to sign Patrick Roberts from Manchester City.
- Carpi’s president has revealed that Leeds United have until June 30 to complete a deal for Jerry Mbakogu with the Elland Road club delaying over the signing of the striker.
- Anthony Knockaert has been fined £20,000 after a 110mph police chase.
- New Brighton signing Leon Balogun believes his game is perfectly suited to the Premier League.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Juventus appear to be out of the running to sign Alvaro Morata.