Nigerian Players Struck With Food Poisoning After Eating Semovita And Egusi Soup | Photos
The Nigeria Professional Football League clash between Remo Stars and Ifeanyi Ubah which was slated for Sunday, July 9, was called off. The Remo Stars Football Club players were struck by food poisoning prior to the top-flight match against the Anambra Warriors with 13 players hospitalized.
This reportedly happened on the eve of Sunday’s Week 28 NPFL tie with Ifeanyi Ubah.
At that moment, 13 first-team Remo Stars players, including their leading scorer, Victor Mbaoma, Ekene Awazie and Salefu Ochowechi as well as the goalkeeper trainer and media officer are violently sick with food poisoning.
It was gathered that the players began complaining of stomach pain and tiredness, after after their dinner which was a meal of semovita and Egusi.
Affected players were rushed down to Ikenne health center as team doctor Mr James is currently treating some players ensuring they get fluids in other not to suffer from dehydration while others are been monitored to ensure they recover from this health casualty.
Meanwhile, the League Management Company have subsequently announced the indefinite postponement of the match following complaints from the home team.