Skip to content
Transfer News As Of 01-04-2020
Liverpool have pulled out of the race to sign Jadon Sancho – leaving Manchester United and Chelsea as the two Premier League clubs interested in the England star.
- Roger Federer could boycott the French Open over its decision to reschedule to October.
- Borussia Dortmund want to beat Manchester United to the signing of 16-year-old Birmingham star Jude Bellingham, with the player keen to replicate the success of Jadon Sancho in the Bundesliga.
- Raheem Sterling’s representatives have refused to rule out a return to Liverpool after he recently admitted his admiration for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
- Premier League clubs hope the league’s chiefs will make a decisive call on wage cut plans during a scheduled conference call this week.
- Professional football players in England face being uninsured if their careers are ended because of coronavirus.
- The ECB are considering fielding Test and T20 sides at the same time this summer if the coronavirus pandemic eases.
- Wimbledon’s extensive insurance policy will cover £250m of lost revenue with organisers on the verge of cancelling the tennis grand slam.
- Europe Ryder Cup captain Padraig Harrington says the 2020 event cannot be postponed and must go ahead.
- Premiership Rugby clubs are seeking government help as they continue to try to save themselves from financial ruin.
- Former Chelsea and Arsenal defender Ashley Cole’s home was attacked by gang of masked robbers with high value jewellery stolen.
- England winger Chris Ashton believes he may have had coronavirus and fears he may have passed it on to his mother.
- Manchester United could bid for Juventus centre-back Matthijs de Ligt, with Paul Pogba, going the other way.
- Manchester City have angered supporters by charging season ticket holders for games despite ongoing uncertainty over fixtures.
- Leicester City are eyeing up an audacious move for Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho, according to reports, but Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers is said to be aware a deal for the Brazilian is unlikely.
- Leicester City have held “conversations” with Real Betis midfielder William Carvalho, according to reports.
- Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge insists Manuel Neuer’s contract renewal will not be impacted by the coronavirus shutdown, amid speculation linking him with Chelsea.
- Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is still believed to be waiting for a concrete offer from Saudia Arabia’s Public Investment Group.
- Manchester United are reportedly expected to press on with a deal to sign Jack Grealish despite the Aston Villa captain apologising and being hit with a fine for flouting the government’s coronavirus advice.
- Juventus may be forced to offload former Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey this summer, but only if they are unsuccessful in their efforts to sell Cristiano Ronaldo, according to reports in Italy.
- Swansea City are set to miss out on a transfer payment from Sheffield United for former striker Oli McBurnie if the current season is abandoned.
You may also like...