EbonyLife Films, producers of Fifty, The Wedding Party and The Wedding Party 2, released its fourth feature film, The Royal Hibiscus Hotel on February 9 – to packed screenings and high praise from audiences across the nation. Even in Lagos, with heavy travel restrictions due to the marathon, loved-up couples braved the unseasonal wet weather to view the highly-anticipated film.
Here are some of their glowing reviews:
- “The movie was fantastic.”
- “I enjoyed it. Not only was the movie a beautiful love story, I loved the way it showed Nigeria in a positive light…”
- “Authentic. 10/10 quality. Brilliant… definitely a must-see!”
- “I loved the movie. It’s really enjoyable – especially the scenes with the parents. It’s definitely worth seeing this Valentine’s.
- Mo Abudu, CEO of EbonyLife Films is ecstatic about audience response to the company’s fourthmovie. “RHH was a different project for us. At a point, we were doubtful about its uniquenessbeing appreciated – but it appears thatwe were worried about nothing. The film was well received in Toronto at the film festival, by a largely Canadian audience, and it seems to be resonating with Nigeriansin a similar way. Now that we are in the month of love, this is the perfect film to bring couples closer together,” she said.
The Royal Hibiscus Hotel is now showing cinemas across Nigeria. For more information, visit www.ebonylifefilms.com