Skip to content
Transfer News As Of 16-04-2020
Today’s papers say Alexandre Lacazette could join Atletico Madrid while Man Utd have made an approach for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
- Odds have been slashed on Massimiliano Allegri becoming Newcastle United manager when their long-awaited takeover is completed.
- AC Milan have rejected the chance to sign Liverpool forward Adam Lallana on a free transfer, according to reports in Italy.
- Manchester United are in “constant contact” with Napoli over a deal to sign central defender Kalidou Koulibaly whenever the transfer window reopens.
- Atletico Madrid are ready to make their move for Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette after the Premier League club reportedly gave him the green light to leave.
- Arsenal have joined Tottenham in the race to sign highly-rated Feyenoord teenager Lamare Bogarde.
- Jurgen Klopp’s plans to meet Timo Werner and convince him to come to join Liverpool are being derailed by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Leroy Sane is moving closer to a Manchester City exit this summer and a dream move to Bayern Munich.
- Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz has admitted he is “ready to take a big step” in his career, comments that will undoubtedly put European giants on red alert.
- Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still keen on signing Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish despite his high-profile breach of coronavirus lockdown rules.
- Amazon is eyeing up a possible naming rights deal for Tottenham’s new stadium, with chairman Daniel Levy aiming for a record £250m deal.
- Chelsea’s Olivier Giroud is willing to take a massive cut from his £135,000 weekly wage in order to force through a move to Inter Milan.
- Arsenal are in talks to sign £15m-rated Reims centre-half Axel Disasi.
- Christian Fuchs is torn over his future at Leicester City as he weighs up the possibility of moving to the United States.
- Lazio director Arturo Diaconale has warned Serie A of nightmare legal battles should the 2019/20 campaign be cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Championship clubs are pushing increasingly hard for the introduction of a permanent salary cap amid the ongoing battle to force their players into accepting wage cuts for the remainder of the season.
- The FA has lined up Tottenham’s academy guru John McDermott as technical director to replace Les Reed, who will step down next summer.
- The SPFL task force charged with delivering league reconstruction aims to have a new-look 14-team Premiership in place within six weeks.
- Manchester United have approached Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ahead of the summer transfer window.
- Suitors including Manchester United and Chelsea will have to find £70m if they want to sign Barcelona forward Philippe Coutinho in the summer.
- Liverpool made the first move to sign young Real Madrid star Rodrygo in 2017 while he was still a Santos player, according to his agent.
- A DCMS select committee is turning an eye towards the way football has dealt with the issue of furloughing members of staff.
- Newcastle United staff are hopeful they will immediately be taken out of furlough once the Saudi takeover of the club is concluded.
- Thomas Meunier appears set to disappoint Chelsea and Tottenham by moving to Germany at the end of the season – both Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich are interested in the PSG right-back.
- SPFL chiefs are sweating over possible legal challenges before £9.3m in prize money is dished out to Championship, League One and League Two clubs at 10am on Thursday.
- Ayr United chairman Cameron Lachlan is planning to vote against reconstruction of the Scottish league system which he has branded as “insane”.
You may also like...