Skip to content
Transfer News As Of 26-01-2020
Jose Mourinho has set his sights on bringing Gareth Bale back to Tottenham while Gareth Southgate could come on the radar of Man United chiefs after Euro 2020.
- Tottenham are working around the clock on a permanent deal that would see Gareth Bale return to the club from Real Madrid before this week’s transfer deadline.
- Spurs are also tipped to complete the signing of Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose in the next few days, if they pay the £21m asking price.
- Celtic have scouted Peterborough striker Ivan Toney on two occasions as they consider a move for the 23-year-old.
- Manchester United are hoping to complete the transfer of Bruno Fernandes this week after cash-strapped Sporting Lisbon lowered their demands.
- United are refusing to drop their £25m asking price for Chris Smalling despite a plea from Roma.
- Newcastle boss Steve Bruce is bidding to pull off a coup by beating Valencia in the race to sign Spanish striker Paco Alcacer.
- Crystal Palace will make a late £4m bid to sign West Brom right-back Nathan Ferguson.
- Leicester have made late checks on Preston centre-back Ben Davies.
- Tottenham and Aston Villa have ended their interest in Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic after being quoted £40m.
- Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham exit package has given under-fire Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer more time.
- Marcos Rojo is heading back to Estudiantes on loan – after Manchester United failed to find a buyer for the Argentine defender.
- Liverpool midfielder Fabinho has admitted signing Kylian Mbappe would be a “headache” for Jurgen Klopp.
- Liverpool are leading Barcelona and Real Madrid in the transfer race for Benfica wonderkid Rafael Brito.
- Winston Reid has turned down a loan move to Charlton as he wants to help West Ham avoid relegation.
- Man Utd will consider sacking Ole Gunnar Solskjaer if results do not improve – with England manager Gareth Southgate a leading contender to take over after Euro 2020.
- Dundee are lining up a January move for frozen-out Hearts skipper Christophe Berra.
- Celtic defender Jozo Simunovic is set to hold contract talks over a new deal with Neil Lennon.
- Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor has emerged as a doubt ahead of the clash against Hearts following an injury scare.
- Manchester United will make a move for Leicester and England left-back Ben Chilwell in the summer.
- Barcelona are not expected to pursue a move for Arsenal’s Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang during the current transfer window and will focus on Valencia forward Rodrigo Moreno.
- Edinson Cavani, linked with Chelsea and Manchester United, has verbally agreed to join Atletico Madrid before the end of the January transfer window.
- Birmingham are prepared to turn down any offers for England Under-17 international Jude Bellingham, and are confident of keeping hold of the 16-year-old despite interest from Manchester United and Liverpool.
- West Ham’s New Zealand defender Winston Reid has turned down the opportunity of joining Charlton on loan.
- Former Blackburn and Stoke midfielder Steven Nzonzi, the 31-year-old France midfielder on loan at Galatasaray from Roma, is considering a move to West Ham.
You may also like...