Skip to content
Transfer News As Of 29-01-2020
Manchester United have agreed a deal with Sporting Lisbon to sign Bruno Fernandes as their long-running pursuit of the Portugal midfielder nears a conclusion.
- Tottenham are desperate to land a new striker by Friday – but chairman Daniel Levy has set a £10m limit.
- Emmanuel Adebayor is chasing a return to the Premier League, with Aston Villa, Newcastle and Brighton interested in the Togo striker.
- Southampton have joined the growing chase to land Dundee United’s Lawrence Shankland before the transfer window closes on Friday.
- Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder is snapping up Dutch striker Richairo Zivkovic in a surprise deal.
- Arsenal are ready to firm up their interest in Cedric Soares with a late £5m move for the Southampton defender.
- Chelsea youngster Tariq Lamptey has a pre-contract offer on the table from Lille, with his future looking likely to be away from Stamford Bridge.
- Southampton hope to confirm the loan signing of England defender Kyle Walker-Peters from Tottenham on Wednesday.
- Sheffield United are the only club to make an offer for Genk’s Norway midfielder Sander Berge as talks continue over a £27m move.
- Arsenal remain in advanced talks with Flamengo as the two clubs continue to negotiate a deal for Pablo Mari.
- Florentin Pogba, brother of Manchester United star Paul, has put a host of Football League sides on red-alert following his training stint with Charlton Athletic.
- Shkodran Mustafi’s ankle injury is not as bad as Arsenal first feared after the Germany defender was taken off on a stretcher in their FA Cup fourth-round victory at Bournemouth.
- Manchester City predict that there will be about 4,000 empty seats at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night despite Pep Guardiola calling on fans to attend the derby against Manchester United.
- Chelsea are set to miss out on signing Napoli forward Dries Mertens as he is not keen to leave the Serie A side.
- Arsenal insist they will not allow striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to leave for less than £50m, as Barcelona continue their interest.
- Poland forward Krzysztof Piatek wants to leave AC Milan for Tottenham before the transfer deadline.
- Tottenham forward Troy Parrott is set to find himself at the centre of a tug-of-war between Charlton and QPR.
- Wolves are set to finalise a £1.6m deal for French starlet Enzo Loiodice.
- Italian giants Roma are chasing Chelsea winger Pedro.
- Barcelona made a late bid to try to hijack Manchester United’s move for Sporting Lisbon’s Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes.
- Newcastle United is wanted by three bidders as Mike Ashley ponders whether to sell up.
- Bayern Munich made a late inquiry about Steven Bergwijn but Tottenham had already pushed ahead with the deal for the winger.
- Dementia in football could be formally recognised as an industrial disease following landmark research and a new campaign by the Jeff Astle foundation to ensure suffering families receive greater financial help.
- Arsenal are considering a late move for Southampton full-back Cedric Soares.
- Crystal Palace Women face making a loss from the fourth round of the Women’s FA Cup after football’s governing body demanded they replay their game against Southampton because it was abandoned.
- Goalkeeper Craig Gordon wants out of Celtic and has pleaded with the club to let him go.
- Matias Vecino continues to be linked with Everton and the latest reports from Italy now claim he is keen on the move.
- Eduardo Camavinga is being linked with a move to Manchester City.
- Manchester United reportedly showed interest in signing Edinson Cavani this month but the striker seems set to move from PSG to Atletico Madrid.
- Birmingham City boss Pep Clotet said he had no update to give on Manchester United’s transfer interest in teenager Jude Bellingham and whether a move would happen or not.
- Wolves are working to secure Daniel Podence as their first major signing of the January transfer window in the next few days.
You may also like...